Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Scarborough Schools are committed to creating a welcoming and safe environment for all Scarborough students and staff. The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee will promote the goal of diversity, equity and inclusion for all individuals in our school district regardless of their identity (ie race, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, or socioeconomic status).
The charge of the committee is to:
- work with the Board finance committee to assess budgetary needs;
- review data collected from climate surveys, school equity audits, and listening tours;
- raise awareness, within the committee, of work happening in the district within the boundaries of the board’s existing policies;
- make recommendations to the Board of Education for the development of an action plan that outlines next steps for our district;
- monitor action plan progress to ensure that action steps are in line with actual needs.